Health and Safety
Here at BUK Contracts and Machine Hire health and safety of both our employees and customers is our highest concern, you will find below a partial copy of the companies health and safety policy, if you would like a full copy please get in contact with our hire manager by phone or email.
Health, Safety & Welfare Policy
BUK Contracts and Machine Hire believes that high standards of Health, Safety and Welfare management are an essential part of good business practice.
The Company recognises its responsibilities to all its employees (and also to others who might be affected by its activities) in accordance with The Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974, The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and other applicable legislation.
The Company will endeavour to conduct its operations, so far as is reasonably practicable, in a manner which recognises the Health, Safety and Welfare needs of employees and or other persons likely to be affected. In order to work towards this objective, the Company will inter alia focus on:
a) A safe place of work and access / egress.
b) A safe working environment and adequate welfare facilities.
c) Safe plant, equipment and vehicles
d) Safe handling, storage, transport and maintenance of articles and substances used at work.
e) Necessary information, instruction, training and supervision.
The allocation of duties under this Policy is set out in the Health, Safety & Welfare Policy documents.
This Policy will be reviewed as often as is necessary to ensure it keeps abreast of current legislation, continue the management of Health and Safety to help reduce accidents and promote a Health and Safety culture etc.
The objectives of this policy are:
• To promote high standards of health, safety and welfare within the Company and to comply with relevant statutory provisions.
• To promote a positive Health and Safety culture and encourage an attitude of responsibility and co-operation at all levels.
• To commit to the provision of adequate time and resource necessary to encourage the effective implementation of the Policy.
• To identify duties and delegate responsibility throughout the organisation.
• To create and maintain a safe and healthy place of work for all employees, contractors and visitors to our premises.
• To facilitate so far as is reasonably practicable the Health, Safety & Welfare of persons not in our employment, but who could be adversely affected by our work activities.
• So far as is reasonably practicable, to provide employees at all levels with adequate instruction, training and supervision, that training to be repeated as often as considered necessary.